St. Canice's Cathedral & Round Tower

The Cathedral Church of St Canice,
The Close, Coach Rd,
Kilkenny City, Ireland.

Phone : +353 (0)56 7764971

Mobile number: +353 (0)85 2527787

Email : info@stcanicescathedral.com

heritage_council.jpg
Heritage Council Grant Funding 2016


St Canice's Cathedral was awarded €8,000 towrads the €32,000 repair work on re pointing a section of the south nave. Work was carried out in October and is completed. We are very grateful to the Heritage Council for this grant funding.




Friends of St Canice’s

The cathedral is a treasured possession of the Church of Ireland, and the cost of maintaining it is a great responsibility for the parishioners of Kilkenny. The Society of the Friends of St Canice’s Cathedral was established in 1951 with the aim of contributing towards the general maintenance and preservation of the cathedral and its services.

The funds of the society are applied exclusively to these aims and membership is open to anyone who wishes to support the cathedral.

A general meeting is held annually, and an address is given on some feature of interest in connection with the history of the cathedral or its architecture.

The annual subscription for membership of the Society of the Friends of St Canice’s Cathedral is a minimum of €20. Alternatively, all donations or bequests are welcome regardless.

To become a Friend, contact St. Canice's Cathedral & Round Tower